Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sounds

It's not often that it's quiet in this house during kid waking hours.  There's always something going on.  I actually don't really like it when the kids are all gone and the house is silent.  I like the hustle and bustle of our rambunctious, busy family.  Tonight I was sitting at the kitchen table finishing up my dinner (Indian takeout yummmm), and M, A and D were playing a silly game around the love seat and sofa table in the family room.  It involved running around in a circle after each other, while wearing slippers on the hardwood floors, and falling and running into each other.  The giggles and screeches of joy were wonderful.  M seemed so relaxed and happy.  I love seeing her like this, acting like a kid again, not an emotional hot wire.  The whole scene made me smile.

They are getting along so well.  Currently, they are all in the basement getting ready for a dance competition and the tunes wafting upstairs  are contagious.  I find myself tapping my foot and nodding my head in rhythm with the music as I type this.

I guess tonight is just one of those nights that everything seems okay.  L is playing I Spy on the computer, E is babysitting for our friends across the street and the other three are happy.  Happy, joyful and safe.  They are all normal kids and for at least a moment the sadness, fear, and anxiety are at bay. 

I love the sounds of our happy house.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed those precious moments of peace. :o)

    ReplyDelete