Inspired by our outing on Saturday, here are a list of things that are currently making me sad and glad (with pictures)...
1. Syria, chemical weapons, and the prospect of military intervention.
2. Cancer diagnosis for one of sister S's good friends who has two small children.
3. L having a hard time this week talking tons about himself dying and people he loves dying.
4. Sister CA continues to make ridiculous decisions which pull the little girls away from our family and their sisters.
5. Having frank conversations about #4 with E and M.
6. Passing the cemetery 8 times in the last 2 days and just wanting to pick up the phone and call my big sister.
1. We had a pretty good summer.
2. Casts are off, bones are healed and somebody is back to skateboarding.
3. School started this week and the transition was a lot smoother than I anticipated (left to right...D in 6th, L in 1st and A and M in 8th).
4. Six year olds totally rock. Nuff said.
5. Eleven year olds also have their moments too.
6. I have really great friends who showed up at our house at 9:15 last night after a trip to Williamsburg with a jar of house dressing and two bags of bread ends.
7. New books by some of my favorite authors who provide exactly the kind of break I need each night.
8. New music by some of my favorite bands (yay the new Franz Ferdinand came out!!) which never ceases to give me the pick me up I need to get through our chaotic day.
I really can't wait for Sound of Music on Saturday. I'll be "high on a hill was a lonely goatherd" with the rest of the crowd and will try my best not to embarrass the girls by getting teared up on Edelweiss.