Friday, June 28, 2013

Keep on Trucking

He may have a broken ankle,but A is still cranking out some awesome videos.  I love that he's still trying to be creative even though he can't get on a board.  Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S5IHyXEcwM

On other fronts:
--D hit his first home run at baseball practice the other night.  He was thrilled.  It was so cute watching one of his friends run over, jump the fence and retrieve the ball for him.  It's signed, dated, and sitting on his desk.

--We leave for the beach tomorrow.  Mixed feelings about the trip.  Good to be at beach, but it often brings out the worst in the girls.  We'll see.

--I had major meltdown last night trying to keep a handle on everything I have on my plate.  Swim team volunteering is killing me.  I know I need to let it go, but the guilt being slung at me from the girls and the head of the team is driving me insane.

--I think I have to give up my therapist.  K is giving me a hard time about the expense of it since it's not covered by insurance.  Arguing about this was the beginning of the meltdown.

--My mom is not doing well at all.  My dad is convinced it's Parkinson's now.  She fell yesterday.  I feel numb by it all.  I just can't let myself go there yet.  She sees a neurologist on July 11.  My dad is feeling very anxious lately (without admitting it of course) and it driving all of us crazy.  Yesterday he told E she can't go far away for college because K and I aren't going to be able to go to parent's weekend so he'll have to go.  I kept my cool, but felt like dropping a giant expletive in his direction.

--I guess I'm just feeling a bit adrift.  I went to bed feeling awful and woke up feeling awful.  I just can't seem to get a handle of everything and balls are dropping.  I think I need to take a lesson from my awesome rock star A and try to keep on trucking.

3 comments:

  1. Really sorry for this rough patch. Do you have an in-network option for a therapist? It's so important to take care of yourself. Sending positive thoughts and good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very concerned about you giving up your therapist. Believe me, I understand about the finances thing. However, given you have a years long relationship with this person, and this person knows your entire history, AND you find it helpful, I'm butting in and saying, really? You really have to give up the therapy?!? ACK!!!

    Oh your dad was an idiot. What a thing to say. ARGH!

    Swim team consumes EVERYTHING. We only do it for the summer and it's a HUGE commitment. I can't even imagine...

    I'm so sorry about your mom.

    WTG, D! That made me smile! :o) As did A and his video. He's young. He'll be healed and skating again before he knows it--lucky thing. :oP

    Enjoy your vacation! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also concerned about you giving up the therapist if you don't want to. You should not be putting yourself last, for everyone's sake.

    Hope the rest of the summer goes well!

    ReplyDelete