Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Too Much

Today has been a day of too much.  Too much work.  Too much whining.  Too much responsibility.  Just plain too much.  Today should have been an easy day on paper in comparison to what we've been dealing with logistically in the last few months.  But it became a day of short tempers complaints from E, fake ailments from M with their accompanying whines, the boys getting ignored, and me completely overwhelmed by the demands of the girls.  They have been completely awful today.  Of course there is an explanation.  Father's day was Sunday.  Moreover, we had their sisters and CA over this morning for a play date.  It's hard on me seeing them with CA.  I can only imagine what it must be like for E and M.

I know dealing with these difficult days is part of the gig.  I know we are going to continue to have them for years to come.  I just didn't have the energy to deal with it today.  The emotional aspect of this situation is so draining.  There is just one of me.  Today I needed a team of nannies, cooks, therapists, house cleaners and personal assistants.  Winning the lottery would also be nice.  Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I hate those days of too much. I know those days. Every day for me could be one of those days if I stop and think about everything I really have on my plate, but to keep my sanity I edit. On the days things are going freakishly well I expand my list a little and try to accomplish one of the neglected things.

    I suppose this is a round about way of saying sometimes it helps to lower expectations. When we brought home our first baby we had a 'one thing' rule. We could keep the baby alive and also do one thing. That thing was usually dinner. But on the days I managed laundry too? Bonus!

    I hope you catch a break soon.

    ReplyDelete