Friday, June 10, 2011

Snippets

I don't have the focus for a coherent post, so here are a few random things...

1.  Emotionally the beginning of the week was tough on everyone.  The girls were on edge.  I was just sad.  The boys especially are sensitive to my moods.  Emptying the house was simply depressing.  What was equally depressing was that my dad decided to dump all of the girls' possessions that we're storing here in one day.  I had wanted to do it in shifts to make the move a little less daunting.  He was so anxious and frantic to get things cleared out he even dumped a small trashcan in our living room complete with an empty Gatorade bottle and random phone.  We hadn't had time to put away the stuff we had already brought over, so my living room is piled with stuff.  Our front porch was filled with skis, boogie boards and camping equipment until I grabbed A and moved them.  Until we were able to make a dent Wednesday night it was a constant physical reminder of the clean-up.  I know it made the girls upset.

2.  I had to go to Elizabeth City, NC yesterday for work.  We made the drive there and back in a day.  Work-wise the meeting went well and it felt good professionally.  It was an extremely long day.   I got home to a myriad of complaints...D didn't get breakfast or dinner, E didn't like the dinner, M had a bad day, and K was absolutely exhausted because shockingly he had to take care the kids by himself for a few hours.  That last part was comical.  I'm hoping a glimpse into a small sliver of my world will make him a little more understanding and appreciative.  I'm not crossing my fingers.

3.  Tonight I played in A's parent versus kid soccer scrimmage.  I was too fun.  It's always just good having a ball at my feet.  I didn't play very seriously, but it was still fun.  I need to make more of an effort to play, even if it's just knocking the ball against our kickback in the backyard.  I need the joy that playing brings me.  Frankly, I probably just need the endorphins.  It is hard to find the time.

4.  We actually have a pretty light weekend.  Tomorrow we have D's last baseball game and he has his team party.  He's going to go with another family because we're hosting A's end of the year team party at our house.  I have a lot to do to get the house ready, but I'm not too stressed about it.  CA is coming to pick up the girls to spend the day with their sisters.  On Sunday, M has time trials for swimming, E has a swim meet and M has a soccer game at noon, but the boys have nothing.  Still sounds a little busy, but actually given the pace we've been keeping, it's not too bad.  I might even take a nap Sunday afternoon.

5.  I'm back to not sleeping and eating. There are lots of reasons.  I'm thinking it's because of the stress of the move.  The end of the school year is also always hard.  We had M's final testing done this week for ADD/learning disabilities.  We'll get the results in two weeks.  I'm anxious about hearing the results.  I'm hoping therapy will continue to help.  I actually didn't have it this week since she's out of town.  It's just been a week of lots of triggers.  Physically this manifests itself in not eating or sleeping. I know I need to work on this. 

6.  Some good things:
  • On the way home yesterday, we stopped in Williamsburg and got bread ends and house dressing from the Cheese Shop.  It was pure bliss and everyone in the house was thrilled.
  • A has been really cute and funny all week.  He is such a great kid. I'm really lucky to be his mom.
  • Work really did go well and I was glad I did a good job.
  • I started a new mystery series last week and am really really enjoying it.
Just a brief wrap-up on what's going on.  I'm hoping to write more and maybe post some more pictures.  It's hard to find time.  It's hard to carve out space for myself.  This blog has given me so much, and I want to make sure I always find the time for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment