1. My grandfather's funeral is tomorrow. Reception here. My cousins are being annoying. My dad spelled my cousin's daughter's name wrong on the draft program. I took over and missed the wrong spelling. It's printed, folded and done. While driving down from NY he just asked if it could be changed. Good grief. Reception is here. Not ready at all, but will be. It's looking like a long night. Just trying to focus on Grandpa and trying to stay positive for him.
2. Girls are being annoying as usual this evening. M is making everything about her. E is complaining once again about us making her go to bed at 8:30 pm at night during the summer so she can get up at 3:45 am to swim. She somehow thought we'd be more lenient. She stated tonight that she thought I was being unreasonable. She is absolutely clueless. Her inability to have fun this summer is all my fault because I make her go to bed and get less than 6 hours of sleep and get behind the wheel of a car.
3. In good news, E had a great swim meet last weekend without a bad race in the bunch and a slew of best times. She also rocked out the SATs and got the William and Mary Leadership Award this week. Very proud of her.
4. The boys are good. Surprisingly, they keep plodding on and continue to be such sweet, funny and goofy boys. A saved a snake last week that was stuck in a sticky trap in a neighbor's garage. He calmly extricated the snake (warm water and his snake hook), at the same time educating the entire family on snakes and why they shouldn't be afraid. It was too cute.
5. Summer break....yay! Summer break....ugh...This means swim team and keeping all the minions occupied while I'm trying to get work done.
6. K and I are doing okay. I'm working hard to be patient and try not to worry too much about his health.
7. I'm tired. I still have tons of things to do to get ready for tomorrow. I can feel the tension growing in my jaws. I wish I could put the kids to bed right now and get started. I've got a case of Dr. Pepper's in the garage fridge that have my name written all over them. I wish I could just focus on being sad and not have to host the reception.